Team Information 2021 - Getting Sponsorship
To make the sponsorship arrangements as easy and smooth as possible, all sponsorship should be channelled through Virgin Moneygiving’s (VMG) on-line facility.
Please note we no longer use Sponsorship Forms
Please set up one TEAM page for your crew and supporters to fundraise for your team.
NOTE: Do NOT use individual fundraising pages, since we can not allocate monies
donated this way to the correct team and charities.
Instructions on setting up your team's VMG Fundraising page
(automatically linked to our Dragon Boat event)
are shown below.
Team captains should then pass on the Team Page url for their crew members and others to use
(If team members do receive any cash sponsorship, please make an equivalent online payment into your team's VMG page)
for setting up your Team VMG Page
(to download/print these instructions click here)
1. When you click the START HERE button this will take you to our Dragon Boat Event Page on the Virgin Money Giving (VMG) site.
2. Click Start Fundraising >>
3. On the Sign-in page, FIRST go to the very top of
the page (Fundraisers ) then
select "Fundraise as a Team" from the drop-down menu
Your team must have a "Team" page - do not use individuals'
4. Now you can Log in (or create an account)
and follow the steps.
5. Ensure that your Team Name on VMG is identical to the Team Name you have selected and registered with us for this event (if you have not yet chosen a Team Name, use your company/organisation name)!
6. Please publicise your team's VMG page via Social Media and your crew, and monitor the page to ensure you are reaching your target (all teams are expected to raise £1500+ as a condition of entry)
7. All monies raised by your team will be sent by VMG to the organisers (York Rotary). Gift Aid will be added automatically, provided individual donors signify they are eligible. The final total ££ from your team's sponsorships will then be allocated by York Rotary, with 2/3 being returned to your team contact for you to send to your nominated charity.
8. Please try to get all sponsorship donated via your VMG Page before or on the day of the event. The Event Page on VMG will remain open for only a short time afterwards.
Any problems, please contact us - email@example.com 07885 822272
When you are ready to set up your team's Virgin Moneygiving Page..
(Opens Virgin Money Giving website in a new tab)